PRFC is recruiting volunteers to be assessors in the Standards and Credentialing process. Organizations go through a process to assess themselves in six areas (standards) to intentionally create a racism-free environment. Assessors are on a team that do a site visit with an organization, meet with their team to discuss strengths and areas of improvement for the organization and then meet again with the organization to go over …a feedback form. A training will be held on Friday, January 28, 2011 from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. at Steelcase University (901 44th St. SE). Call Lisa Mitchell at 643-0227 or email email@example.com to register or if you have questions.
Volunteer assessors should:
- Plan on 2-3 reviews a year – each review is about 8-10 hours of time
- Plan or have some experience in diversity, cultural competency or anti-racism work/events
- Have attended an Institute for Healing Racism or some similar training (not required but desired)
- Be able to work collaboratively in a small team setting
- Be willing to be open and flexible to new information
- Be able to listen, review facts objectively, and communicate thoughts and ideas orally with clarity
- Be able to engage in negotiable dialogue/debate
To indicate whether or not you plan or perhaps might be attending, please indicate so at the following page: Partners for a Racism-Free Community (PRFC) Volunteer Assessor Training.